2023 Machel-Mandela Internship Program at the Brenthurst Foundation
For the 2023 Machel-Mandela Internship Program at the Brenthurst Foundation, interested candidates are welcome to apply. For the Machel-Mandela Internship Program, which is established in honor of former South African President Nelson Mandela and his wife Graca Machel, the Brenthurst Foundation is accepting applications from recent graduates.
It is the goal of the Machel-Mandela Internship Program to be the most prestigious internship program in Africa. It enables the Brenthurst Foundation narrow its attention on Africa’s expanding youth population and fosters Africa’s potential leaders.
The chosen candidate must begin the internship before June 1, 2023, and it will be accessible full-time for a minimum of six months. The intern could be from another country, such as South Africa. They will be based at the Parktown, Johannesburg, headquarters of the Brenthurst Foundation. Interns will collaborate closely with Foundation staff members on a variety of tasks, some of which will include travel abroad.
If lodging is needed, it will be given (according to Foundation rules), along with a monthly all-inclusive stipend. Additional work-related costs can potentially be funded with the Foundation’s approval.
- Under 30 years of age
- A Masters level degree
- Excellent spoken and written English. African and other languages would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic and reliable, a self-starter who requires minimal oversight and management
- Able to balance deadlines and attention to detail
- Fluency in all basic IT skills
- Copy-editing and proof-reading skills an asset
- A passion for Africa and a keen interest in new thinking and strategies to strengthen Africa’s economic performance.
- Broad knowledge of African politics and economics
- Familiarity with the work of the Brenthurst Foundation (please consult the website : www.thebrenthurstfoundtion.org)
Please address your application to Ms Leila Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Machel-Mandela Internship’ in the subject line.
You will need to send:
- An up-to-date CV with referees’ details. A covering letter – no more than 500 words, outlining your interest in the position and the skills you can bring to bear.
- A covering letter – no more than 500 words, outlining your interest in the position and the skills you can bring to bear.
- A writing sample – this can be any piece of work, for example an essay or a published article, of any length.
- The earliest date you would be able to start.
- Details of where you saw the post advertised.
The deadline for applications is 31 March 2023. Owing to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us by 1 May, please assume your application to be unsuccessful.
The Machel-Mandela Internship Programme
For More Details, News.Tips and Answers to your Questions on this Post and other FG programmes, Policies, Jobs, Grants and Loans & To WIN AWUF PRIZES