There was panic in the state of Imo on Wednesday after the disappearance of three young men.

The men identified as Alaefula Chimuru, Madu Promise and Victor Chibuike did not return to their homes in Owerri after leaving a wedding ceremony in the state’s Isiala Mbano Local Government Area on Sunday.

Their disappearance sparked reactions on social media, with many expressing concerns about the possible kidnapping or arrest by police.

Brother of one of them, Fortune Madu, told our correspondent on Wednesday that the families had made a statement to the police.

He said: ‘They left a wedding ceremony in Isiala Mbano on Sunday and did not come home. So far we have not seen them. Their phone numbers are permanently disabled. We messaged them on their social media handles and no response. We have filed a report with the police.”

An activist and journalist, Theodore Uba, also confirmed the development in a statement he made in Owerri on Wednesday.

Read also:  Man City beat Dortmund with late goal Haaland

“This is to inform the general public that these three young men whose photos are below have been reported missing.

“The three young men with names; ALAEFULA CHIMURU COLLINS, MMADU PROMISE AND VICTOR CHIBUIKE wie [are] based in Owerri, Imo State, attended a wedding ceremony at Isiala Mbano LGA on Sunday, August 28, 2022 using a gray Lexus RX 330, and were unable to return to their respective homes from the event.

“[Efforts] reaching them through their mobile devices and social media proves unsuccessful. None of their relatives have been able to figure out their current location so far.

“However, we have launched a search for them and have also reported the matter to State CID Owerri Imo for their prompt intervention.

“If you have any information about the sudden disappearance of these three young men or an update on this ongoing investigation, please contact me or report to the nearest police station,” the statement read.

Read also:  Insecurity: NILDS charges African parliaments with relevant laws to contain the threat

Commando police spokesman Michael Abattam had not yet responded to an investigation into the incident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.