A man’s wife, Saula Ajayi, has died from the shock of a gas explosion at one of the apartments in their residence in the Ijela area of ​​Abeokuta, Ogun State.

Also, the victim reportedly lost property worth millions of naira when the fire from the gas explosion destroyed the bungalow containing the apartments.

PUNCH Metro discovered that one of the tenants in the building was cooking on gas when it exploded Friday.

During the explosion, Ajayi’s elderly wife reportedly passed out from the shock of the incident and was rushed to a nearby hospital for urgent treatment.

An eyewitness, Kola Abolade, related the incident to our correspondent and said Ajayi’s wife died on Monday despite efforts to rescue her from a coma.

He said, ‘The whole house has been razed to the ground. A particularly elderly couple was badly affected. They lost about N1m; Baba (Ajayi) has just collected money from the cooperative, but the fire has burned all their belongings. In fact, the mom who was previously in a coma died on Monday, August 29, 2022.”

Read also:  Obi will gather votes in the southeast, says Umahi

Ajayi, while mourning the death of his wife and the loss incurred in the fire incident, was just returning from the sofa when the explosion happened.

He said: “I just came back from the bank with the amount of N500,000 and I had N350,000 at home, but now everything is gone.

“I lost all my belongings, my two refrigerators, television, all my documents while in the army, clothes and other possessions were all burned.”

He said that the clothes he put on had been given to him by a neighbor.

Attempts to get a response from the Ogun State Fire Service failed because the agency’s director, Fatai Adefala, did not take his calls.

State police PR officer Abimbola Oyeyemi said he was not informed of the incident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.