Recruitment For Information Technology Specialists (System Administrators) At US Department Of The Treasury 2023–2024
Apply for Information Technology Specialist (System Administrative) Recruitment Jobs at US Department of the Treasury – Internal Revenue Service. The US Department of the Treasury has an opening; act quickly and apply before the deadline.
The duties of this position include managing assigned projects, managing assigned tasks, communicating complex technical requirements to non-technical staff, creating solutions for integration/interoperability problems, designing, developing, and managing IT security systems that meet current and future business requirements, and applying or extending, enhancing, or optimizing the existing architecture.
These tasks include managing IT system development projects from design through support, assessing the efficacy of established systems and services, and offering guidance and developing solutions for a variety of IT-related problems. Work in particular assignment areas includes the following:
the creation and execution of migration strategies, including the preparation for business continuity during the implementation of new server technology.
creating and running simulation models for potential applications while assessing and confirming effects on the enterprise IT infrastructure that is now in place and that is planned.
putting together and presenting a plan to incorporate new server technologies into the current architecture.
Planning and managing the setup, maintenance, and upgrading of enterprise management software as well as any related enterprise-level modifications to the system infrastructure
Recruitment Needs for System Administrative Information Technology Specialists in 2023 and 2024 at US Department of the Treasury
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (Form FS-240))
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Undergo a review of prior performance/conduct and an income tax verification. Refer to “Get Your Tax Record” at http://www.irs.gov/(https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript) to check the status of your account, balance owed, payment history, make a payment, or review answers to tax questions. If you are not in compliance, you will be determined unsuitable for employment with IRS.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S. These documents must be unexpired original or certified copies.
- Obtain and use a Government issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
- You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: GS-13 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
Demonstrated accomplishment of computer project assignments that required a wide range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques pertinent to the position to be filled. This knowledge is generally demonstrated through assignments that required the ability to analyze a number of alternative approaches in the process of advising management concerning major aspects of IT system design. This would include defining what system interrelationships must be considered, or what operating mode, system software, and/or equipment configuration is most appropriate for a given project.
PARENTHETICAL GS-13: In addition to the above your experience must be sufficient to demonstrate the ability to develop standards and criteria for assessing server performance, as well as the ability to oversee their application by administrators throughout the enterprise LAN.
MEET TIME IN GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT: For positions above the GS-05, applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year (52 weeks) at the next lower grade level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the grade you are applying for.
TIME AFTER COMPETITIVE APPOINTMENT: By the closing date (or if this is an open continuous announcement, by the cut-off date) specified in this job announcement, current civilian employees must have completed at least 90 days of federal civilian service since their latest non-temporary appointment from a competitive referral certificate, known as time after competitive appointment. For this requirement, a competitive appointment is one where you applied to and were appointed from an announcement open to “All US Citizens”.
For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM’s Qualifications Standards.
Method of Application for Information Technology Specialist (System Administrative) Recruitment 2023/2024 at US Department of the Treasury
Required Document needed for a successful application
- Resume – Your resume MUST contain dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or to present). To ensure you receive full credit for relevant experience, include the hours worked per week. We recommend that your resume not exceed 5 pages, only the first 5 pages will be reviewed to determine your eligibility/qualifications. If including Federal service experience, provide pay plan, series and grade, i.e. GS-0301-09. Your resume must NOT include photographs, inappropriate content, or personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number. If your resume does not contain the required information specified, or contains prohibited information as listed above, your application will be determined incomplete, and you will not receive consideration for this position. (Cover letters are optional.) Please view Resume Tips.
- Online Application – Questionnaire
- Education – See Education Section above
- Registration/License (if applicable) – active, current registration/license
- Current and Former Federal Employees (if applicable) – You MUST submit a copy of your most recent SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action) or equivalent personnel action form which shows your current grade and competitive service status (Position Occupied/Block 34 should reflect “1” and Tenure/Block 24 should reflect “1” or “2”). If applying for a higher grade, it is recommended that you provide an SF-50(s) or equivalent which clearly demonstrates you meet the 52-week time-in-grade requirement (e.g., Promotion with an effective date more than one (1) year old, Within-Grade-Increase at the highest grade held).
- Appraisal/Awards: You are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your most recent, signed, completed annual performance appraisal which includes the final rating and copies of any incentive/performance awards you received. Providing these documents allows the selecting official information surrounding your potential to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled.
- Veterans Employment Act (VEOA) of 1998 (if applicable) – You MUST submit a copy of your DD-214 (Member 4 copy), or other official documentation from a branch of the Armed Forces or the Department of Veterans Affairs showing dates of service and type of discharge. If you are serving under active duty, provide certification from the Armed Forces that you will be discharged or released within 120 days from the date of certification. The certification must indicate your dates of service, rank and that you will be separated under honorable conditions. Submit an Application for 10-point Veteran Preference, SF-15, along with the required documentation listed on the back of the form if you are a 10-point preference eligible. For more information on VEOA go to
- Military Spouses (if applicable) – You MUST submit verification of the marriage to the service member (i.e., a marriage license or other legal documentation verifying marriage) AND:
- a copy of your spouse’s active military orders; OR
- verification of your spouse’s 100% service-connected disability (e.g., VA Letter and/or DD-214); OR
- verification of the service member’s death while on active duty (DD-1300/Death Certificate). You are not eligible if you were not married to the veteran at the time of death or have since remarried.
- Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) (if applicable) – You MUST submit the required documentation as outlined at: Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP). If you are an IRS CTAP eligible, you can apply for jobs within and outside the commuting area. If you are a Treasury CTAP eligible can apply for jobs within the commuting area.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) (if applicable) – If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee, click Interchange Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) for eligibility and a detailed list of required documents.
For More Details, News.Tips and Answers to your Questions on this Post and other FG programmes, Policies, Jobs, Grants and Loans & To WIN AWUF PRIZES