Graduate Student Challenge for Climate Investment 2023
the 3rd of March 2023
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application for the Graduate Student Climate Investment Challenge 2023. Graduate students are invited to create and discuss innovative financial strategies and solutions to the climate change problem as part of the Climate Investment Challenge.
This can entail locating underutilized climate funding opportunities or creating creative financial instruments or structures that increase the bankability of climate investments. There is no one correct response. Ideas from many industries, fields, and geographical areas are crucial in the fight against climate change and its effects.
- The Main Competition Prize is focused on financial tools that exist today (e.g., REITs, bonds) to address a specific climate problem that is currently underserved. The winning team will be awarded £10,000.
- The Emerging Markets Prize is focused on financial tools that exist today (e.g., REITs, bonds) to address a specific Emerging Markets climate problem that is currently underserved. The winning team will be awarded £6,000.
- The Financial Disruption Prize harnesses technology to disrupt the financial industry (e.g., banking, insurance etc.) to solve climate problems at scale. The winning entrepreneurial idea will be able to utilise the prize money to develop a Minimum Viable Product (MVP). The winning team will be awarded £6,000.
- The challenge is open globally to students from all academic backgrounds.
- Students enrolled in a postgraduate degree (Masters, MBA, or PhD-level) at the time of the submission. Undergraduate students may participate as long as the leader of the group is enrolled in a postgraduate degree.
- Students will have to form teams of 2 to 6 members.
Ideas will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Implementation Feasibility
- Climate Impact
The Climate Investment Challenge goes through three stages:
- In Stage 1, your team will submit a Concept Note of your idea. If your team’s submission is selected, you’ll move on to the next stage.
- In Stage 2 (the Semi-Finals), your team will be invited to develop a detailed slide-pack of your idea. If your team’s presentation is selected, you’ll be moved on to the final stage.
- In Stage 3 (the Finals), your team will pitch your idea in front of a top-tier panel of judges from investment banking, private equity, and impact investing.
Click here to apply
For more information, see FAQ and visit Climate Investment Challenge.
For More Details, News.Tips and Answers to your Questions on this Post and other FG programmes, Policies, Jobs, Grants and Loans & To WIN AWUF PRIZES