The application for the 2023 York Global Widening Participation Scholarship is now available.
Sign up for 2023–2024 We are happy to notify the public about the ongoing York Global Widening Participation Scholarship and the application form. Find out how to apply online.
You can learn more about the York Global Widening Participation Scholarship in this post, along with how to apply. The deadline for applications is March 3, 2023, at 11.59 p.m. GMT. starting below.
The following are covered by the York Global Widening Participation Scholarship:
- programme fee (£1,450)
- accommodation fee with breakfast (£550)
- travel costs (according to the University’s travel and expenses policy)
- passport and visa costs (up to £300)
- £350 spending money
Eligibility for interested applicants
Three full scholarships are available for secondary/high school students from Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa and Ukraine.
Requirements/Qualifications for York Global Widening Participation Scholarship 2023
- you are currently undertaking an undergraduate (Bachelors) degree
- you hold a citizenship from any country in Latin America or Sub-Saharan Africa or from Ukraine
- you meet our minimum recommended level of English language skills, ie CEFR B2 or IELTS 5 for standard modules or CEFR B1 or IELTS 4.5 for English language and skills modules (no need for a language exam)
- you can prove your academic motivation
- your family’s financial situation would not enable you to participate in the programme without this scholarship
- this would be your first study abroad experience.
You are more likely to get the scholarship if:
- neither of your parents attended university (or they went to university as a mature student during your secondary education)
- you are estranged from your family
- you are from a military family (while you have been in education, your parent(s) have served in the military)
- you have a disability or long term health condition*
- you identify as LGBTQI+
- you belong to an ethnic minority group in your country.
How to apply for 2023/2024 York Global Widening Participation Scholarship
University Support Letter
As part of your application, we also ask you to provide an official letter from your university supporting your application.
You have to ask an employee of your current university (a member of teaching, research or support staff) to complete the form below. They can fill it in using a computer, but they must sign and stamp it, before giving you a scanned copy to submit.
You will then need to upload this scanned copy of the university support letter as part of your scholarship application form.
For More Details, News.Tips and Answers to your Questions on this Post and other FG programmes, Policies, Jobs, Grants and Loans & To WIN AWUF PRIZES