For South Africans, the Metropolitan Police Service will be hiring officers in 2023.
South Africans who are interested are asked to apply for the Metropolitan Police Service Officer Recruitment 2023. The Metropolitan Police Service Officer will perform auxiliary traffic warden and constable duties.
|Remuneration||R 197 994.81 – R 257 017.53 per Annum|
|Contact Name||Recruitment Office|
|Contact Telephone||031 3112880 \ 2896|
Key Responsibility Areas
- Controlling traffic and pedestrians at various facilities.
- Issuing traffic offence notices to motorists and the public.
- Attending vehicle accident scenes by way of reporting the nature of location and extent of the accident to the control room.
- Dealing with criminal offences and reporting serious incidents to the control room.
- Attending court in order to submit evidence.
- Performing point duties at faulty / out of order robots.
- Initiating the necessary preliminary action at any emergency / disaster.
- Attending to complaints from the public.
- Have permanent residence in the Republic of South Africa (RSA), of which he/she must give documentary proof.
- Be at least 18 years old and younger than 35 years on the date the application closes (documentary proof is required).
- Undergo a medical examination and must be found to be physically and mentally fit to be appointed in the post for which he/she applies.
- Matric or Grade 12.
- Be fluent in at least English and one other official language.
- Valid motor vehicle drivers’ license (Code B) or to obtain one within 9 months, and pass a driver’s evaluation by the Durban Metropolitan Police Service.
- Not have previous criminal convictions.
- Let his/her fingerprints be taken.
- Be prepared to have his or her background checked.
For more information, visit Metropolitan Police Service Officer Recruitment